Dance Jobs For Dance Teachers in Toronto
Dance Jobs in Toronto
The Arthur Murray Toronto dance school provides ongoing training, certification and promotion opportunities for their Toronto dance teachers and employees. There are teaching, supervisory, executive and management opportunities, clerical and office administration, as well as the opportunity to become a franchisee with Arthur Murray International, Inc.
If you are interested in employment with Arthur Murray Schools of Dance, please come in to fill out an application. Please bring a current resume.
We are proud to be the home of a method of teaching that is proven and respected worldwide, more so than any other studio. Because of this, the millions of people that have come through our studio have emerged happy, well informed, and a step ahead of the competition.
We are currently looking for a Senior Dance Teacher (NOC 5134) for our jointly owned studios in Etobicoke and Yorkville. This is a permanent, full-time position.
This is a full-time position in our upscale Yorkville and Etobicoke studios; we are looking for instructors to teach adults in private and group class settings. Occasional evening and/or weekend hours required.
• Teaching private and group lessons and dance with students on supervised practices
• Preparing students for competitions, spotlights, showcases, special occasions, events and weddings
• Planning choreographies for social and competitive students
• Teaching students ranging from beginner to advanced levels
You must be well-groomed, customer-oriented, career-minded, and two to three years of dance teacher experience with a strong history of successful dance competitions (at least 10 years) along with several professional recommendations. You must have proven experience teaching American and International dancing styles, including Smooth, Rhythm, Latin and Standard Dances.
In addition, you should:
• Be able to deal with different student profiles and problems
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be able to work under pressure and stress (deadlines to prepare students, etc.)
• Be able to give clear instructions and teach steps and technique
• Have a very good teaching methods
• Know how to work independently and in a team
• Have excellent sale skills
• Be a very good promoter
• Be able to travel on weekends with students for competition
Working hours are 30-35 per week at a wage of $26.75 an hour. Health and Dental benefits are included.